Mental Health includes one's psychological, emotional and social well-being, affecting the way we think, feel and behave. Our mental health determines how we respond to stress, how we perform at work and how we relate to others. Positive mental health allows us to cope with the everyday stressors of life, work productively, have meaningful relationships and, therefore, a good quality of life.
Many factors contribute to mental health problems including our biology, family history and life experiences such as trauma or abuse. Mental health problems are common and people can completely recover with proper treatment and support. The Alcott Center provides outpatient mental health services to low income adults, 18+. These services include:
The Alcott Center provides general outpatient services at our West Los Angeles location. Depending on your circumstances, these services may include individual and group therapies, case management and psychiatry. Services are provided in our offices with many also available in the field.
Intensive outpatient services recipients receive wraparound mental health and intensive case management services promoting stabilization, very often in the field. These services may include linkage to temporary housing and housing support.
- Coping with Climate Change Group- Mondays at 11am with Kira
- CBT-Substance Use Group- Thursdays at 1pm with Kristin
- Women's Support Group- Thursdays at 10am with Sophia
- Open Process Group- Tuesdays at 3pm with Cat
- Grief and Loss Group- Mondays at 12pm with Yanet
- Healthy Coping Group- Wednesdays at 2pm with Maria
- COVID-19 Support Group- Wednesdays at 4pm with Kira
- Writing Group- Fridays at 2pm with Allyson
If you have any questions please contact us at (310) 785-2121