What is Giving Tuesday and Alcott doing to help?
What is Giving Tuesday?
GivingTuesday is an opportunity for people around the world to use
their individual power of generosity to remain connected and support
their communities. It’s a day when everyone comes together to give
back in all forms-acts of kindness, gifts of voice, time, talent, or treasure.
● GivingTuesday is a global day of generosity that will take place on
December 1, 2020.
● GivingTuesday is a global generosity movement, unleashing the
power of people and organizations to transform their communities
and the world.
● GivingTuesday strives to build a world in which the catalytic power of
generosity is at the heart of the society we build together, unlocking
dignity, opportunity, and equity around the globe.
● GivingTuesday was created in 2012 as a simple idea: a day that
encourages people to do good. Over the past 8 years, this idea has
grown into a year-round global movement that inspires hundreds of
millions of people to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity.
● GivingTuesday is an opportunity for people around the world to stand
together in unity—to use their individual power of generosity to
remain connected and heal.
● People can show their generosity in a variety of ways during
GivingTuesday—whether it’s helping a neighbor, advocating for an
issue, sharing a skill, or giving to causes, everyone has something to
give and every act of generosity counts.
● At a time when we are all experiencing the pandemic, generosity is
what brings people of all races, faiths, and political views together
across the globe. Generosity gives everyone the power to make a
positive change in the lives of others and is a fundamental value
anyone can act on.
● GivingTuesday emphasizes opportunities to give back to
communities and causes in safe ways that allow for social connection
and kindness even while practicing physical distancing.
● We all have gifts to give, and with social media, online giving, delivery,
mail, and phones, there are limitless ways to use your generosity to
What is Alcott doing for Giving Tuesday?
Alcott will be using funds received during our Giving Tuesday campaign to support our bridge housing programs’ holiday meals and gifts. Our goal is to raise $5,000 to provide meals and gifts to all 85 residents.